We may collect information or data about you when you use this Made Tech website, or you choose to engage with us using other public channels e.g. attending webinars, conferences, or interacting via social media.
Please note that Made Tech provides a separate privacy notice for its recruitment activities, which will be relevant if you are applying for a position with us.
Personal data we collect
- Your personal information, including your name, email address, phone number and organisation name if you contact us.
- Your IP address, and details of which version of the web browser you use.
Careers and jobs pages
The careers and jobs pages of our website use activity tracking which collects high-level non-personal data to analyse the number of impressions, visits and clicks it gets. We don’t collect any personal data of any kind and it isn’t possible to identify individual people. We share these anonymous statistics with a partner agency to help us make these pages more useful to our users.
Sensitive personal data
The UK Data Protection Act 2018 specifies a set of personal data categories which are considered to be “sensitive”, and which require special consideration by Data Controllers. This website, and any services available from this website, do not knowingly collect or process any sensitive personal data.
Children’s personal data
This website, and any services available from this website, are not directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that a child under the age of 13 has provided us with their personal information without having parental consent, please contact our Data Protection Officer (see below) immediately so that we can take appropriate action.
Where we process and store this information
- We securely store your personal data on secure servers, located within the UK, European Union or the USA. Please be aware that personal data may be processed outside the UK or European Union. By submitting your personal data to us, you are providing your consent to this.
- Your contact and organisation details may also be stored on our secure, customer relationship management (CRM) systems – we use both Salesforce and Hubspot. These third-party services have been assessed as providing effective data security for all personal data: Salesforce Privacy Notice: https://salesforce.com/uk/company/privacy/ HubSpot Privacy Notice: https://legal.hubspot.com/privacy-policy
- We may store your personal data for up to five years (or as otherwise specified within our Data Retention Schedule), unless (a) you have given us your specific consent to continue storing it beyond this period, or (b) you have contracted with Made Tech as a customer, or (c) you have contacted us to request the deletion of your personal data.
- Transmitting information over public internet connections is not secure, and Made Tech cannot guarantee or be responsible for the security of personal data you provide to us until the point at which it is securely stored within our systems. Any personal data you transmit is at your own risk.
- Made Tech has ISO27001 certification for its Information Security Management System, which requires us to operate a framework of security policies and procedures to ensure the secure, responsible processing and storage of your personal data.
How we use your personal data
We may use your personal data to:
- Help us improve our website, and any services available via our website, by monitoring how you use it.
- Respond to any specific feedback or questions you send to us, if you’ve asked for us to reply.
- Provide you with general information about our products and services where you’ve asked us to, or to proactively inform you about new, existing or changing services where you’ve indicated your consent for this.
- Analyse the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and help us improve the quality and content of marketing materials which we create.
- Tailor our services to meet your requirements.
Legal basis for processing personal data
Under the UK Data Protection Act of 2018, we are required to confirm the “legal basis” for processing your personal data, as follows:
- Consent: if you have provided us with your consent to process and store your personal data for specific purposes. You have the right to amend or withdraw your consent at any time: contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Legitimate Interest: we have a legitimate interest in helping ensure that our business delivers accurate content and secure services which are valuable to both existing and potential customers.
We do not share your personal information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, or with any other websites without having your prior and express consent to do so.
If you unsubscribe from our marketing emails we aim to process your request within 24 hours of opt-out during the work week or the following work day if opted out during the weekend or bank holiday. Your email will automatically be removed from our marketing lists and your personal data will be deleted. Only your email address will be stored for 3 years after unsubscription, to ensure that we continue to comply with your opt-out request at which point it will be automatically deleted from Hubspot.
Under the UK Data Protection Act 2018 you have a number of important rights which can be exercised free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Require us to correct any mistakes or correct any omissions in any of the personal information which we hold.
- Require the erasure of personal data concerning you in certain situations.
- Receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such data to a third party in certain situations.
- Object at any time to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing activities.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means (where applicable) which could produce legal effects concerning or affecting you.
- Object in certain specific situations to the continued processing of your personal data by Made Tech.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see guidance on the ICO website (www.ico.org.uk).
If you would like to exercise any of those rights, please:
- Contact us using our contact details below.
- Provide us with sufficient information to properly identify you.
- Provide us with proof of your identity/address, when we request it.
- Provide us with the specific information to which your request relates.
Cookies are small text files sent by us to your computer, or from your computer or mobile device to us each time you visit our website. They are unique to you or your web browser. Session-based cookies last only while your browser is open and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. Persistent cookies last until you or your browser delete them, or until they expire.
This website may include relevant hyperlinks to external websites not controlled by Made Tech. Whilst all reasonable care has been exercised in selecting and providing any such links, you are advised to exercise caution before clicking any external links. We cannot guarantee the ongoing suitability of external links, nor do we continually verify the safety or security of the contents which may be provided to you. You are advised, therefore, that your use of external links is at your own risk and we cannot be responsible for any damages or consequences caused by your use of them.
How to complain
We trust that we will be able to promptly resolve any query or privacy concern you raise about our use of your personal information.
The UK Data Protection Act 2018 also gives you the right to lodge a complaint with the applicable supervisory authority. The supervisory authority in the United Kingdom is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) who may be contacted at http://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by telephone on 0303 123 1113. Please note that the ICO will not progress a complaint until you have given us an opportunity to investigate and resolve your concerns.
All questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice should be addressed to our Data Protection Officer by email at email@example.com or by post to:
Data Protection Officer
Made Tech Group plc, 4 O’Meara Street, London, SE1 1TE
This version last updated: 03.08.2022