We may collect information or data about you when you use the Made Tech website; or engage with us in other public channels (e.g. webinars, conferences, or through social media).
Made Tech Group Plc is responsible for storing and managing personal information in line with the Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA) and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
This policy explains what we collect, how we collect and use it, why we collect it; and what your rights are as someone interacting with us.
What we collect
- Personal information, including your name; email address; phone number and organisation / company if you contact us.
- Your IP address, and details of which version of web browser you use.
Where we store and process this information
- We store your data on secure, UK, EU and US based servers. Data may be processed outside the UK or EU. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this.
- Your contact and organisation details may also be stored on our secure, customer relationship management (CRM) systems called Hubspot and Salesforce. Both systems provide best in class data security for all personal data.
- We may store your data for up to 5 years unless you have given express and specific consent for us to continue storing it beyond this; or you have contracted with Made Tech as an ongoing customer. We will then securely delete your details from the core and backup database on which it is held.
- Transmitting information over the public internet is generally not completely secure; and we can’t guarantee or be responsible for the security of data you input until the point at which it is stored on our servers. Any data you transmit is at your own risk.
- Made Tech is ISO27001 Information Security accredited and has a number of internal procedures ensuring secure, responsible processing and storage of your data.
Why we capture this / how we use it
We may use the information you give to us for a number of different purposes:
- To help us improve the website by monitoring how you use it.
- To respond to any specific feedback or questions you send us, if you’ve asked us to.
- To provide you with general information about our products and services where you’ve asked us to; or to proactively inform you about new, existing or changing services where you’ve consented to this.
- To analyse the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns and help us improve the quality and content of the marketing materials that we create.
- To tailor our services to meet your business needs or objectives.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR); we are required to confirm the ‘legal basis’ that allows us to use your information, as follows:
- Your consent: you are able to remove this at any point by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- We have a legitimate interest in helping ensure that our business delivers content and services valuable to potential and existing customers in order to deliver against our business’ mission.
We won’t share your information with any other organisations for marketing, market research or commercial purposes, or with other websites without your express consent to do so.
Disclosing your information
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to object to processing – You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to our Data Protection Office (Sam Paice, Head of Operations) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.