This accessibility statement applies to our website, www.madetech.com.
Ways we support accessibility
We’re committed to digital accessibility for everyone. We strive to continually improve the user experience for all, using relevant accessibility standards.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. This means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- use most of the website using just a keyboard
- use most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’re also working to make the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
Made Tech conforms with Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 level A and partially conforms with level AA. This means that we have more work to do to meet our goal of reaching level AA standard.
We also meet some level AAA requirements:
- Images of text are only used for decorative purposes and never to convey important information
- Re-authentication after a session expires does not cause loss of data
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible. These are the limitations we know about:
- Text won’t become a single column when you change the size of the browser window
- You can’t change the line height or spacing of text
- Older PDF documents aren’t always accessible with screen reader software
- Some of our online forms are difficult to use with just a keyboard
- You can’t skip to the main content when using a screen reader
Please contact us if you notice an issue that isn’t in this list.
Compatibility with browsers and assistive technology
The website is designed to be compatible with assistive technologies the latest version of all major browsers and operating systems, and the two versions before.
Made Tech’s website uses your web browser and any assistive technologies or plugins installed on your computer. These include:
We assessed the accessibility of the website using a third-party supplier with expertise in accessibility issues.
Feedback and contact information
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website and welcome your feedback. Please let us know if you notice accessibility issues:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +44 (0)203 397 7846
We usually respond to emailed feedback in 3 to 5 working days. If you don’t get a reply in 10 business days, please contact Laura at email@example.com.
If you’re not happy with our reply, you can raise a complaint to the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).