£40,000 - £50,000
London, office-based 1-2 days weekly.
Are you a Content Writer that wants to actually see the real-world impact from what you help to create? Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
As a Content Writer, you will be a valued person overseeing and launching all marketing content initiatives as part of our marketing and events team. You’ll collaborate closely with the rest of the team and our external PR agency ensuring that our content is informative, engaging and consistent with our brand.
Your role at Made Tech
- Creating, planning and carrying out our content strategy
- Developing engaging medium and long-form content assets that connect with digital, data and technology audiences across the public sector
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. ebooks, white papers, blog posts, case studies, award entries, articles, ads, newsletters, sales emails, social media, presentations)
- Identifying audiences for content and anticipate the questions, problems, and needs that the content should address
- Tailoring specific marketing messages across differing formats for different audiences with content for every stage of the user journey
- Identifying customers’ needs and gaps in our content and recommending new topics
- Conducting thorough research on industry-related topics
- Interviewing subject matter experts in order to plan and develop content assets
- Collaborating with our external PR agency to ensure we have an integrated content strategy and messaging and tone of voice are consistent across channels
- Liaising and collaborating with clients on certain pieces of content
- Collaborating with designers, digital marketing, events and other colleagues and external suppliers on large- and small-scale marketing projects and campaigns
- Using SEO principles to maximise the copy’s reach
- Updating website content as needed
- Writing with a distinct voice and defining the brand voice guidelines
- Ensuring all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
In the application process the following skills will be assessed.
- Demonstrable work experience as a B2B Content Writer, Copywriter or similar role ideally in a fast-pace technology organisation.
- Experience owning, planning and creating an online content strategy collaborating with events management, digital marketing, external PR agencies and other internal teams.
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills; you’ll want to be creative and have an eye for detail.
- Ability to break down complex technical subjects and present them in an approachable way for different audiences including key business decision makers
- Experience in working with buyer personas and content journey planning
- An understanding and genuine interest in the Tech sector
- Using research skills
- Ability to work autonomously
- Empathy and people skills
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t have the following skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following:
- Digital marketing intersections with content. (SEO, paid media etc.)
- Knowledge and understanding of the public sector (Government, Healthcare, Social care etc.)
- Video content creation and editing skills
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break
More information can be found here
- Informal screening call with Recruiter
- Q&A Competency Interview with Head of Marketing
- At home written exercise - (No more than 800 words)
- Interview with Head of Marketing and One other.