Lead Data Engineer / Architect 🚀
Salary: Up to £90,000 dependant on experience
Are you a Lead Data Engineer or Architect that wants to actually see the real-world impact from what you help to create? Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on.
At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
As a Lead Data Engineer, you will be a valued person enabling government organisations to become data-driven and data-led as a part of Made Tech’s Data team, who’s mission it is to enable data driven services to drive higher value business outcomes for UK citizens.
In this role you feel empowered to:
- Help define, shape and perfect data strategies across central and local government agencies, ensuring they’re getting the most use out of their data and also understanding it’s value
- Be a trusted advisor, providing expert guidance on designing and building out reliable and modern data platforms in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- Lead the implementations of data pipelines and efficient storage mechanisms
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- Knowledgeable with data pipeline using native tooling in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) or the Apache stack
- Experienced building out or improving data architectures (modern data platforms)
- Programming languages: SQL, Python, or Java
- Experienced working with various data storage technologies, such as: data lakes, data warehouses and traditional SQL/NoSQL databases.
- (optional) Apache Spark / Databricks / Hadoop
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break
More information can be found here
Our internal culture mission is to nurture and support a happy, healthy, safe and inspiring culture for people of all backgrounds and experiences. The Tech industry doesn’t reflect the wide range of lived experiences of our society. At Made Tech we encourage all people but especially those from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. We want to make the world of tech more equitable for all, which first starts with giving everyone who wants to enter this industry a fair chance.
If you have any questions about this vacancy, please reach out to email@example.com