£55,000 - £65,000
Manchester, Remote & Client site as required
Are you a Senior Business Analyst that wants to actually see the real-world impact from what you help to create? Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
As a Senior Business Analyst you will be a valued person developing and sharing best practice, own relationships with key collaborators and manage both people and functional business areas as part of our rapidly growing North West team.
To imagine your life with us, check our careers page or open source handbook.
Your role at Made Tech
- Leading on the mapping-out of business and service needs as well as processes for the delivery team.
- Accurately capture business and service needs, continued by using business analysis principles and tools to define requirements.
- Working with the product manager and the delivery manager to accurately document the product or service; including detailed requirements, functional and non-functional, that can be fed back to the relevant collaborators.
- Apply the agile mindset to all aspects of your role
- Assist in improving the delivery team's ability to meet deadlines and adhere to the roadmap by adding clarity as well as playing a part in more structured processes such as workshops, sprint planning, daily scrums, show and tells, retros etc.
In the application process the following skills will be assessed. Even if you don’t have everything on this list, please still apply.
- Working directly with clients, organisations and users using lean agile processes
- Able to investigate business priorities, operational needs and problems
- Working knowledge of business analysis tools and methodologies
- Able to identify service and process improvement opportunities
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with product, design, and technology working within the same cycles
- Agile and lean practices such as Lean UX, Scrum, XP, and/or Kanban
- Showcasing and presentation skills
- Understanding of enterprise and business architecture
- Experienced working with Government Digital Service
- Mentoring and supporting the development of less experienced team members
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t already have the following skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following:
- Experience working in a consultancy
- Writing blog posts and giving talks
- User research planning and execution
- Business process testing planning and execution
- Requirements definition
- Product and Service documentation
- People management
- Engaging with users and stakeholders
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break
More information can be found here