Salary: £ 59,500- £ 85,000
Location: Remote/Hybrid. Occasional client site visits.
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
As a Lead User Researcher, you'll be joining our growing design community heading up user research with real people, ensuring what their team is learning in research informs the end-to-end design of a chosen service.
Your role at Made Tech
- Plan research that informs the design of public services so they are useful, usable and create successful outcomes
- Do research with people that makes them comfortable sharing details of their lives, that teams must understand to design good services
- Investigate and interpret raw research into findings, so that teams can confidently confirm or challenge their understandings of problems and ideas
- Involve whole teams in user research, to build their understanding and empathy for people using and running public services
- Assure the quality of conclusions within their team
- As employee growth is a huge focus here, we would expect you to contribute to our recruitment efforts
The following skills will be assessed during the application process
- Demonstrable experience planning user research in teams
- Making users comfortable to share details about their lives
- Investigating raw research into insights
- Involving collaborators in user research
- Getting involved in team decision making
Here at Made Tech, we’re committed to building a happy and diverse workforce. Throughout your interview process, you are welcome to speak to anyone from the following diverse groups:
This is completely optional but if you are interested in finding out more about life at Made Tech, please reach out to your respective agent or Talent Partner to set up a call.
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
👩💻 Remote Working