- Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
- Location: London, Bristol, Manchester or Swansea.
- SFIA: Level 5
Made Tech is on a mission to use technology to improve society - for everyone. We help public sector organisations transform, deliver and manage world-class digital products and cloud services. We work with the UK government to modernise legacy technology and shape the digital future of the country. We support local government teams in building accessible services that make a real difference to people. And we help the NHS use technology to improve and save lives.
We have a growing community of passionate designers and researchers to support the public sector’s growing demand for a design-led approach to service delivery.
Lead Designers are expert practitioners who influence and mentor others. They work with teams and clients to design and deliver public services. They do this by setting the direction, assuring the quality of design delivery across teams, and by leading multiple, or highly complex, services. They have an important role in creating a healthy user-centred practice (UCP) community and culture at Made Tech.
Key responsibilities and scope
- Responsible to the Principal Designers and Head of User Centred Practice for successfully designing and delivering good public services
- Assure the quality of design delivery across multiple teams
- Build and develop relationships with clients, earning their trust and understanding their needs
- Support the sales team to win new work and review bids relating to UCD
- Introduce good habits for sharing and improving design work into teams
- Line management of designers
- Support the hiring and onboarding of designers and researchers
- Represent user-centred design publicly and internally
- Make public services simple to explain and understand by removing complexity and keeping designs focused on creating outcomes for people and society
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ 30 days Holiday - we offer 30 days of paid annual leave
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours - we are flexible with what hours you work
👶 Flexible Parental Leave - we offer flexible parental leave options
👩💻 Remote Working - we offer part time remote working for all our staff
🤗 Paid counselling - we offer paid counselling as well as financial and legal advice