Salary: up to £60,000
Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
We’re looking for a passionate and experienced Talent Partner to build and nurture the relationship with our northern region and deliver against our growth plans.
This role reports into our Head of Talent and we are offering a significant opportunity to add value to Made Tech across all areas of Talent. We encourage a growth mindset in our teams and the freedom of autonomy to help individual and company goals become a reality.
This will be a broad role for a knowledgeable rounded digital and technology focused Talent Partner. You will likely have a focus on hiring across engineering (full-stack, Data and Cloud) and Delivery Management capabilities but, any exposure to hiring User Centred Design, Product Management and Business Analysis capabilities would also be beneficial.
Your role at Made Tech
- Delivering consistently to help us meet our ambitious hiring goals
- Understanding nuances between local markets, communities and stakeholder needs
- Nurturing relationships with external partners i.e. agencies, tech providers
- Partnering with internal collaborators at all levels regarding recruitment needs
- Regularly reviewing and revising the talent hiring processes and continuously seeking new ways to improve
- Continuously look at new channels for sourcing and advertising in order to create diverse candidate pools whilst also ensuring we remove as much bias from our processes as possible and create an objective interview experience for all candidates
- Maintaining close working relationships with fellow team mates to share best practices and work together on projects and change initiatives.
Your everyday toolkit.
- LinkedIn Recruiter Licence
- FlexaCareers/Indeed/Glassdoor/Totaljobs/Ada's List job board
- Charlie HR for day-to-day HR management
- GitHub for our handbook
- Small Improvements for 121’s and merits
- Slack for internal communications
- Google Suite for email, calendar, documentation etc.
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- Experience working in an in-house talent function within a company going through rapid growth.
- Demonstrable ability to deliver a consistent volume of successful hires a month.
- A genuine desire to look for better ways of doing things
- Great at crafting relationships and a clear communicator
- Proven ability to source and engage candidates. You shouldn't feel over-reliant on direct applicants to fill vacancies.
- Adept at providing meaningful data and gathering evidence to support hiring discussions.
- Analytical skills and a good depth of understanding of recruitment metrics
- A good range of experience using different technologies to drive efficiencies and reduce time to action/hire.
- You are someone that cares about the people we hire and also the ones we don’t, ensuring candidates have a great candidate experience if they are successful or not. We also work very closely with our colleagues in the people team to ensure that new starters are welcomed into the organisation and expectations are not only met but exceeded.
- A passion and advocacy of Diversity, Inclusion and Equity
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t have the following skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following
- Project management
- Presentation and public speaking
- Team Management
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break