Salary: £85,000 - £110,000 + Commission Structure
Location: National, Remote
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
We're now a team of 350 people across 4 locations (London, Manchester, Bristol and Swansea), and plan to treble in size over the next 3 years.
As we expand our services across the UK's Public Sector, we are looking for a Head of Defence to accelerate our growth and impact in this underserved sector.
Your role at Made Tech
You’ll drive growth by combining your network and experience in defence and Made Tech's unparalleled experience delivering digital services and digital transformation. Specifically you’ll:
- You’ll establish Defence as a market at Made Tech and lead the generation of industry-specific propositions and go-to-market plans.
- You’ll build a team that deeply understand technology in the defence space and the issues that our clients face.
- Identify specific growth opportunities within the market and proactively take new ideas to your clients to help them solve their biggest problems.
- You’ll collaborate closely with marketing to establish Made Tech as a thought leader in the space, sharing our approach to improve technology within the industry.
- Lead our existing defence accounts, leading the client account teams to build strategic plans that deliver on our goals.
- Build strategic relationships with C-Level stakeholders and become a trusted and valued partner.
- You’ll have KPIs around impact, number of clients, revenue and customer satisfaction. Within this you’ll have space to develop the strategic direction to exceed our ambitious targets.
The following skills will be assessed during the application process
- A deep understanding of the issues and challenges that the Defence industry faces in adopting modern digital best practices and agile ways of working.
- Experience building trusted advisor relationships with senior client stakeholders within defence.
- Experience developing targeted propositions and go-to-market plans for defence.
- A track record of sales achievement in selling complex services in a consultative manner in the defence space.
- Working with strategic account teams on multi-million pound engagements.
A few reasons why it’s great to be Head of an industry at Made Tech:
- Have an impact on society by helping public sector organisations deliver better technology to citizens.
- Being part of a market leading and rapidly growing company (>100% YOY growth).
- Generous commission structures and achievable targets.
- A culture of learning to ensure you are always developing your professional skills.
- Knowledgeable people leading capabilities (eg: Engineering, Data, Delivery, User Centred Design etc) to support you in meeting your clients needs.
- A high-performing marketing team to support your strategic objectives with thought leadership, events and brand awareness.
Made Tech is scaling fast, and so are our benefits. We’re always listening to the team to improve our offering. We have health and pension plan options for everyone at Made Tech.
Here are some of our most popular benefits:
👩💻 Remote Working