This role would suit someone who is currently doing Project Management and looking to eventually move into a Delivery role!
Our Delivery Managers are accountable for the effective delivery of complex, high-risk products and services. They have strong communication skills and are comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders.
Made Tech are experiencing a period of rapid growth and are scaling quickly to keep pace with demand. We are working with larger-scale projects and an increasing number of stakeholders, resulting in the expansion of the current delivery function.
You will work within multi-disciplinary, matrix-managed teams, delivering digital, technology and business change projects, planning in detail and working collaboratively to realise benefits and achieve business outcomes. You will help create the right environment for teams to deliver, working closely with stakeholders and teams in shaping and delivering the required business outcomes.
You will be responsible for the provision of support and guidance to change initiatives within a programme environment. You will provide support on processes, procedures, tools and techniques to portfolio, programme, project managers and their teams, with responsibility for specific tasks and deliverables that contribute to successful delivery.
- Apply standard project management approaches to the specific requirements of the project or programme providing advice and support to Portfolio, Programme and Project Managers.
- Tailor expert knowledge, modifying standards to meet specific circumstances (using knowledge & experience relevant to the project/work stream/programme that you are assigned to).
- Build and sustain effective relationships and communications with other roles involved in the project and with key stakeholders, as required: including attendance at meetings and ceremonies, being prepared to contribute updates on specific areas of responsibility.
- Lead a project work stream or low-risk project, manage resources and ensure that the delivery of business outcomes and benefits are to the appropriate level of quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the agreed business case.
- Maintain the project plan and manage the process for monitoring progress against it using a collaborative, dynamic planning process: adopt escalation procedures where there is a risk of exceeding agreed tolerances.
- Monitor, report and give advice and guidance on actual and predicted spend, re-profiling as required.
- Assist the portfolio/programme/project manager in delivering the project’s objectives by completing specific portfolio/programme/project deliverables and tasks as required, for example creating and or maintaining plans and logs, secretariat duties or developing a specific set of products for the portfolio/programme/project/work stream.
- Advise the portfolio/programme/project/ lead on the identification of risks & issues that are likely to affect delivery of the portfolio/programme/project‘s objectives and to be part of the risk & issue management process, resolving issues and escalating where appropriate.
- Provide information for portfolio/programme/project documentation as required, maintain the portfolio/programme/project documentation, planning & scheduling in line with the programme and project standards and Portfolio Management Framework.
Balancing life and work:
- ✈️ Flexible Holiday – We trust you to take as much holiday as you need
- 🕰️ Flexible Working Hours – We are flexible with what hours you work
- 🗓️ Flexible Working Days – We are flexible to the amount of days you work in a week
- 👶 Flexible Parental Leave – We provide flexible parental leave options
- 👩💻 Remote Working – We offer part-time remote working for all our staff
- 🤗 Paid counselling – We offer paid counselling as well as financial and legal advice
- 🏖️ Paid anniversary break – We celebrate your 3 and 5 year anniversary with us by buying your family a holiday
Making work as fabulous as possible:
- 💻 Work Ready – We'll buy you a Macbook, ergonomic equipment, books, conferences, training, and more
- 💡 Learn Tech – We spend every Friday afternoon learning rather than working
- 🍽️ Friday Lunches – We randomly match up 8 colleagues every Friday and pay for lunch
- 🍻 Friday Drinks – We pay for social drinks on a Friday
Compensating you fairly:
- 💷 Transparent Salary Bands – We publish salary bands so you know you're being fairly compensated
- 👌 Annual Salary Reviews – We review your salary on an annual basis
- ⛷️ Pension Scheme – We provide a pension scheme so you can save for your future and we'll contribute to it
- 🚄 Season Ticket Loan – We provide loans to help you pay for your travel
- 🚲 Cycle To Work Scheme – We offer the cycle to work scheme to help pay for your bicycle
- 🚕 Expenses Paid – Taxi to a meeting? Want to take a customer to lunch? Expenses are no hassle!