Salary £60,000 - £70,000
London. Remote and Client-site
Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
If you have a background in product design, interaction design, UX design or service design and want to join a community of designers and researchers supporting the public sector’s growing demand for a design-led approach to service delivery, then read on…
Made Tech are on a mission to positively impact the future of the country by using technology to improve society. We share a belief that being design-led can create positive outcomes in the public sector, through critical services enabled by technology. So, we are building a community of designers and researchers to support the public sector growing demand for a design-led approach to service delivery.
As a Lead Designer, you are a passionate practitioner who seeks to influence and enjoys mentoring others. You will work closely with teams and clients to design and deliver meaningful public services by setting the direction, assuring the quality of design delivery across teams, and by leading multiple, or highly complex, services. You will have an integral role in creating a healthy User-Centred design (UCD) community and culture at Made Tech.
To know more about a life at Made Tech feel free to read our careers page
Your role at Made Tech...
- Turning team conversations and research into drawings and prototypes, to create a shared understanding of problems to solve and ideas to test
- Make things real, by caring about content and interaction design enough to ensure everyone can use public services
- Make public services simple to explain and understand, by removing complexity and keeping designs focused on creating outcomes for people and society
- Assure the quality of design delivery across multiple teams
- Show teams good practice for sharing and improving design work
- Build relationships with our clients, understanding their needs and earning their trust
- Support sales team to clarify and win new opportunities and review bids relating to UCD
- Mentor other learning designers
- Support the hiring and onboarding of designers and researchers
- Help define Made Tech design principles through delivering good public services
- Help establish a design studio culture at Made Tech and client offices
- Represent user-centred design publicly and internally
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- Demonstrable Experience in designing and delivering real services
- Client Focus. You can balance being flexible to client needs and providing healthy challenge.
- Drive to Deliver, your efforts have resulted in small and large changes
- Learning continuously to improve and have more impact
- Facilitation to bring teams around problems and ideas
- Leading and Mentoring members of the design community.
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t have the following skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following...
- Public speaking skills
- Leading, mentoring and a ensuring the well-being a growing team
- Advanced coding skills for prototyping
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, so do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
More information can be found in our handbook here