Salary: up to £45,000
London. (Remote 3-4 days per week)
Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us. Have we caught your interest? Please read on…
As a Finance Business Partner, you will be a valued person proactively driving and owning financial workstreams. In this position you will have responsibilities as detailed below, but also be expected to change with the environment as it evolves. A positive attitude and desire to create a good culture is a must to join a team committed to the success of Made Tech.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this role will see you involved in the core regular financial reporting process for the business as well as financial planning and analysis requirements of the organisation.
Your role here
Financial reporting requirements:
- Monthly reconciliations for all relevant GL Balances
- Assistance with preparation and analysis of monthly reporting packs
- Ensure the monthly billing/revenue recognition cycle is completed
- Completion of Board reporting requests
- Assist with the production/compilation of the statutory annual accounts for the company
- Assist with the completion of financial audit
- Documentation of processes and ensuring business is operating within internal control framework
Financial planning & analysis requirements
- Maintain the overall rolling forecast and ensure regular updates are obtained from the Business Unit.
- Creating charts, tables and graphs to allow them to present data in an effective format to stakeholders
- Provides insightful understanding, analysis & commentary on the financial results and performance of the Business
- Proactively supports Business Unit initiatives and actions to drive performance to achieve targeted business outcomes.
- Supporting ad-hoc financial and strategic projects as required, including but not limited to value creation and process optimisation
- Development of additional models to support new business initiatives
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- We are looking for a person who has completed or nearly completed their professional accounting qualification.
- Proven experience of sound financial processes and best practice modelling techniques.
- Any practice experience or previous commercial experience in a similar role preferred
- Strong, demonstrable google sheet skills
- Excellent communication skills. Making finance easy to understand for non-finance people.
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break