Salary: £38,250 - £72,250 with a London-weighting of £40,162 - £75,862
Location: Remote/Hybrid. Occasional client site visits.
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email email@example.com.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
Our Senior Designer are strong practitioners who works with minimal support and can influence and mentor others to design and deliver public services. They do this by setting the direction, assuring the quality of design delivery within a team working a complicated and large scale service. They are vocal and visible contributors to a healthy user-centred practice (UCP) community and culture at Made Tech. If your focus is service or interaction design, we want to hear from you!
Your role at Made Tech
- Responsible to the Lead Designer for success of designing and delivering good public services
- Turn team conversations and research into drawings and prototypes, to create a shared understanding of problems to solve and ideas to test
- Make things real, by caring about content and interaction design enough to ensure everyone can use public services
- Make public services simple to explain and understand, by removing complexity and keeping designs focused on creating outcomes for people and society
- Assure the quality of design delivery across multiple teams
- Show teams by doing, good habits for sharing and improving design work
- Line management of designers
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- Delivery of good public services for users with clients
- Case studies of how to design and deliver good public services and outcomes
- Growth and happiness of UCP community at Made Tech
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
More information can be found here