Location: UK-based (remote working) but with offices in Bristol, Manchester, London & Swansea.
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email email@example.com.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
As a Cyber Security Principal you will be a valued person you will work closely with our customers senior leadership to help inform their security strategy and to ensure our teams are delivering secure digital services and cloud-based platforms, aligned to our customers risk tolerance as part of our newly formed cyber security practice.
Your role at Made Tech
- Working alongside delivery, client and other capability principals, you will help shape account plans and be responsible for delivering against them.
- You will ensure our work with customers is aligned to our growth goals and you will play a pivotal role in identifying new opportunities and winning work.
- You will coach and support Lead Security Engineers to steer their team's towards success. You will also be responsible for hiring and line managing Lead Security Engineers.
- You will be expected to maintain a broad technical knowledge of modern cyber security practices, be able to shape security strategy and roadmaps, and hold others to account for technical quality.
- You will be expected to contribute to thought leadership, content and events and should have a proven track record of doing so.
- As employee growth is a huge focus here, we would expect you to contribute to our recruitment efforts
The following skills will be assessed during the application process
- Working within a technology consultancy
- Developing a cyber and information security capability or function
- Shaping cyber and information security strategy and managing continuous risk reduction across an organisation, portfolio and/or multiple programmes
- End-to-end security involvement, including governance, risk and compliance, operational security, supply chain security and secure user management
- Identifying security issues in existing system designs, digital services (products) and platforms, including recommending mitigations that balance cost, risk and usability
- Up-to-date understanding of, and ensuring compliance to, security standards and regulations including GDS Technology Code of Practice, NCSC Cyber Principles, ISO27001, SoC, NIST, PCI, and GDPR
- Up-to-date understanding of testing the security of software and infrastructure using appropriate security tools including automated cloud-based tooling
- Up-to-date understanding of identity management and authentication/authorisation products and patterns
- Evidence of self-development – we value keen learners
- Drive to deliver outcomes for users
- Desire to mentor others
- Empathy and people skills
Here at Made Tech, we’re committed to building a happy and diverse workforce. Throughout your interview process, you are welcome to speak to anyone from the following diverse groups:
This is completely optional but if you are interested in finding out more about life at Made Tech, please reach out to your respective agent or Talent Partner to set up a call.
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
👩💻 Remote Working