Salary £45,000 - £55,000
Location/flexibility UK. Must be able to travel to one of offices at least once a month
Are you an Academy L&D BP that wants to actually see the real-world impact from what you help to create? Our mission is simple! We want to positively impact the future of the country by using technology to improve society. As a purpose-driven organisation, we believe the outcomes we create are more important than the technology we deliver.
We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
This role sits within the L&D team and will work alongside Learning & Development Business Partners (L&D BPs) your role will work across our growing number of capabilities such as Software Engineering, User Centred Design (UCD), Delivery etc. You will primarily focus on supporting the successful delivery of our Academy. This will allow you to help people from all backgrounds to build fantastic careers as software engineers. We go beyond pure coding skills to include agile software development methodologies and XP ("extreme programming") practices such as pair programming, continuous integration and test driven development.
The second main focus is to support the curation of our learning paths to help individuals’ career progression. You will fully understand the requirements, propose how best to meet the identified learning needs, own the creation of content and its delivery and, finally, evidence the return of investment.
At Made Tech, how we do things is as important, if not more so, than what we do, so we also explore the people skills that underpins success such as facilitation, teamwork and consulting skills. We provide inspiring, realistic, practical learning that gives our delegates the tools they need to be successful.
This role will allow you to develop your career within a fast growing business that puts its people, its clients and their end users at the heart of everything it does.
Your role here:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to provide expert advice, guidance and support on the learning and development initiatives, as well as contribute to the success of employee engagement, client business growth and retention
- Analyse, design, deliver, and report on learning experiences that drive individual progression and business growth
- Engage with and utilise SMEs within Made Tech to improve all content and ensure it reflects the Made Tech way
- Ensure our? content reflects the role and experience of the delegate
- Train, coach & mentor our delegates, both individually and in groups on all aspects of their journey to learn
- Create a nurturing environment of psychological safety for all delegates and the wider Made Tech team
- Use your technical knowledge to give expert feedback
- Provide expert subject matter advice to answer technical questions
- Produce relevant metrics as part of regular reporting, including evaluation measurements to evidence impact and return of investment
- Support the L&D manager with tracking and reporting
In the application process the following skills will be assessed:
- 2 years experience as a professional software engineer or as a designer
- L&D related experience - facilitating sessions, coaching and mentoring software engineer and / or UCD students, designing training materials / programmes
- Strong facilitator skills, both face to face and virtually
- A self-led learner yourself, our culture will need you to proactively look for data and feedback
- Good communication skills and confidence when presenting virtually and face to face
- Be patient, empathetic & have natural curiosity
Nice to have
- Experience of working with remote stakeholders
- Experience of working in a scale up / start up
- Experience of digital services delivery
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
More information can be found here