Location: London, 2 days a week in office/client (once safe) / remote
Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
At Made Tech we want to positively impact the future of the country by using technology to improve society. We help public sector organisations deliver quality design to help citizens get more from public services. To do this we work alongside brilliant public servants to modernise technology and accelerate digital delivery.
As a User Centred Design Principal, reporting into the Market Principal, you will enable public sector organisations to better design services in order to improve society. They do this by building and managing strategic relationships, leading accounts, finding new opportunities and advising as a senior design leader.
To know more about a life at Made Tech feel free to read our careers page
Your role at Made Tech
- You will work closely with our customer's senior leadership to help inform their strategy and to ensure our teams are delivering to a high quality and are aligned to our customer's technology vision.
- As part of an account team, alongside Technology, Delivery, Client Leads, you will help shape account plans and be responsible for delivering against them.
- Collaborate with Made Tech's regional and group leadership the Design Principal will ensure our work with customers is aligned to our growth goals and you will play a pivotal role in identifying new opportunities and winning work. Running bid teams, supporting the wider sales team and developing new business is critical to this role.
- You will coach and support Lead Designers and User Researchers to steer their team's towards success. You will also be responsible for hiring and line managing Lead Designer and Research roles.
- The importance of credibility in internet-era approaches to digital and design in the public sector cannot be understated. You will be expected to maintain a broad technical knowledge of user-centred design practices, be able to shape service design strategy and roadmaps, and hold others to account for design quality.
- As a design leader within Made Tech, you will be expected to maintain and grow your professional network. You will be expected to contribute to thought leadership, content and events and should have a proven track record of doing so.
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
While we will look for you to have experience in these things, if you don’t have one of these don’t let that stop you applying:
- Working directly with customers and users
- Working within a design consultancy
- Worked within the public sector
- Strong understanding of agile ways of working
- Strong understanding of user-centred design practice
- Strong understanding of design communities of practice
- Experience in growing and running design teams
- Supporting others to grow and take on more responsibility
- Evidence of self-development – we value keen learners
- Drive to deliver outcomes for users
- Desire to mentor others
- Empathy and people skills
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t have the following optional skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following:
- Working within an account or programme leadership team
- Working with with sales teams to win new work
- Worked with multidisciplinary digital and technology teams
- Worked within healthcare
- Worked in the open - sharing working little and often
- Experience in re-designing legacy services
- Maintain a deep working knowledge of design and research techniques
Benefits at Made Tech
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, so do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
More information can be found in our handbook here