Salary: £36,000 - £45,000
Manchester, Leeds or Sheffield
If you're currently a product designer, ux designer, service designer or interaction designer based in either Manchester, Sheffield or Leeds then we would love to hear from you.
Our mission is simple! We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage all people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
As a Designer at Made Tech, you’ll enjoy collaborating with others and want to tackle challenges faced by people and society. You will be a part of a growing and active User-Centred Design (UCD) community and culture at Made Tech.
You will work within a team to design and deliver public services. You will get to do this by influencing the direction, assuring the quality of design delivery within their team, and by leading the end-to-end design of a chosen service.
Your role here
- Turn team conversations and research into drawings and prototypes, to create a shared understanding of problems to solve and ideas to test.
- Make things real by caring about content and interaction design enough to ensure everyone can use public services.
- Make public services simple to explain and understand, by removing complexity and keeping designs focused on creating outcomes for people and society
- Assure the quality of design delivery within your team
- Show teams by doing, good habits for sharing and improving design work
- Take part occasionally in the hiring of designers and researchers
- Help define Made Tech design principles through delivering good public services
- Contribute to a design studio culture at Made Tech and client offices
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- Turning research into first ideas and prototypes
- Understand and apply principles of interaction design, including accessibility
- Remove features and complexity from existing designs and services
- Get involved in team decision making
- Show good teammates and clients practice for design
- Involved yourself communities of practice at work
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t have the following skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following:
- Facilitating workshops with teammates, users and clients
- Prototyping ideas in code
- Designing policy and strategy
- Mentoring people new to design
- Writing blog posts and giving talks
- How to prioritise work and build a product roadmap
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
✈️ Flexible Holiday
🕰️ Flexible Working Hours
👶 Flexible Parental Leave
👩💻 Remote Working
🤗 Paid counselling
🏖️ Paid anniversary break
More information can be found here