Our mission is simple - we want to positively impact the future of the country by using technology to improve society. As a truly purpose-driven organisation, we believe the outcomes we create are more important than the technology we deliver.
We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. At Made Tech, we’re collectively continuing to nurture a culture for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we actively encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
As a People Partner you’ll work closely with the Head of People, your peer People Partner and the wider People team. You will play a key part in shaping and delivering our people strategy that serves our people’s needs and is aligned with the company’s strategic goals/priorities.
Our people are our priority, after all we don’t provide products but a professional service.
Our culture mission is to build a nurturing, happy, healthy, safe and inspiring culture for everyone at Made Tech. As a People team, we need to represent and enable the voice of our people in other areas of the business who could easily spend most of their time on market or commercial strategies.
So what will your role involve?
You will partner across the business and support the delivery of the People Team goals. A true hands-on generalist, you will have the opportunity to add value and drive improvements on everything from People operations, to employee engagement, supporting our teams and line managers, and improving our employee experience.
As a team, we’ll continuously collaborate to prioritise workload based on requirements driven by data, people, markets and business goals.
You’ll also champion change and provide HR Generalist support. We’re looking for someone who can balance empathy, mentoring and supporting people with representing business needs and considering commercial impact.
You’ll have an opportunity to really grow with us as we grow. We’re committed to development and you’ll have opportunities to really broaden your knowledge, experience and strategic expertise whilst you’re here.
This list is not exhaustive but to add context on what your days will include:
- People operations
- People admin - this is very much a hands on role
- Building and managing scalable People processes and policies
- People case management and support
- Lead on people cases and manage difficult or challenging conversations/cases
- Providing high quality People support services
- Coaching and supporting line managers to ensure people are supported
- Adopt a partnership approach with the business ensuring equity and consistency of approach where optimal
- Employee Engagement
- Nurture a positive and happy work environment supported by data
- Embedding and representing our core values
- Supporting a data driven and informed People function
- Surveys: Keeping a close pulse on how our people are feeling and what their experience at Made Tech is like
- Diversity & Inclusion: acting as a D&I advocate, monitoring D&I data and addressing and raising opportunities and issues
- Rewards & Benefits
- Developing a communication and engagement plan to promote our benefits to our team members and leading on reviews to update our offering
- Supporting the People & Culture Manager with reward and benefits administration
In the application process the following skills will be assessed
- Highly adaptable to a scaling business and comfortable with frequent change
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and ability to influence stakeholders
- Experience at a medium size organization with 200+ people, or a similarly sized comparable business unit, or experience in HR in multiple industries/sectors
- Established generalist HR professional, comfortable delivering at an operational level and supporting strategic HR
- A consultative approach to problem solving
We want our teams and individuals to grow. If you don’t have the following skills, you will have access to a learning budget, experienced team members and a wider learning and mentoring culture that can help you develop the following:
- Experience in the Technology industry or a Tech Consultancy
- Presentation skills
- Agile Methodologies
- Change Management
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, so do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can choose to invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection across the business and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below: