Salary: Up to £50,000 depending on experience
Location: Remote / Hybrid
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
As a data engineer at Made Tech, you’ll play a pivotal role in helping public sector organisations become truly data-led.
You’ll join our data team in its mission to get data knowledge and skills out of silos and embedded into delivery teams. You’ll help implement efficient data pipelines and storage. You’ll help build data platforms to enable predictive government services that make a positive impact on people in the UK.
Your role at Made Tech
- Define, shape and perfect data strategies in central and local government
- Help public sector teams understand the value of their data, and make the most of it
- Establish yourself as a trusted advisor in data driven approaches using public cloud services like AWS, Azure and GCP
- As employee growth is a huge focus here, we would expect you to contribute to our recruitment efforts
The following skills will be assessed during the application process
- Knowledge of data pipelines using native tooling in the public cloud (AWS/Azure/GCP) or the Apache stack
- Experience building or improving data architectures or modern data platforms
- Programming experience in SQL, Python, or Java
- Experience with data storage technologies such as data lakes, data warehouses and traditional SQL/NoSQL databases
- Experience with Apache Spark, Databricks or Hadoop
Here at Made Tech, we’re committed to building a happy and diverse workforce. Throughout your interview process, you are welcome to speak to anyone from the following diverse groups:
This is completely optional but if you are interested in finding out more about life at Made Tech, please reach out to your respective agent or Talent Partner to set up a call.
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
👩💻 Remote Working