Salary: £60,000 - £90,000, £90K - £130K OTE, uncapped commission.
Location: National, Remote/hybrid
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email email@example.com.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
At Made Tech we want to positively impact the future of the country by using technology to improve society, for everyone. We want to empower the public sector to deliver and continuously improve digital services that are user-centric, data-driven and freed from legacy technology. Underpinning this is a need for us to do this securely, handling public data safely, and defending against increasing cyber and information security risks.
Our commercial Lead for Data is a sales specialist role, with the objective of driving growth, revenue, winning new clients and projects and contributing to the sales and marketing aspects of the go to market plans of the Data practice.
Building relationships with external and internal stakeholders and using your deep knowledge of the Data Sector you'll develop compelling value propositions and proposals to help win business and establish Made Tech as a trusted partner for Data across the Public Sector.
As part of our Client Success team, you will be expected to develop a sales plan for the Data Practice to ensure the practice will hit revenue targets.
You will identify target clients, develop relationship with new and existing customers and work alongside channel partners.
Working alongside Industry Practices and the wider client success team, you will develop value propositions and proposals for each industry and client.
You will use and grow your external network and showcase Made Tech’s Data practise through outreach, speaking engagements, client workshops, conference attendance etc, helping to build a trusted network of partners, who bring additional skills and provide access to new opportunities, for Made Tech’s Data practice.
With your knowledge and expertise of the Data and wider Tech industry you will be a key contributor to the Data community of practice as well as other Made Tech communities of practice, helping to ensure a shared understanding and, to champion the practice across Made Tech.
Support the bids and frameworks team, you will help to deliver exceptional proposals, and pursue alternative routes to market, whilst setting fair, competitive and consistent cost models and exemplar team structures across a range of Data propositions.
The role will report into the Head of Client Success with a dotted line into the Head of Data, primarily accountable for the sales and growth of the Data practice.
The following skills will be assessed during the application process
- A track record of sales achievement in selling complex Data Services in a consultative manner in the public sector.
- An understanding of digital technologies, agile and GDS ways of working.
- Evidence of your ability to deeply understand a client’s problems and lead/facilitate the development of solutions that deliver exceptional value to clients.
- Experience developing bespoke sales proposals and client propositions, as well as key client presentations to large numbers of people.
- Being adept at anticipating, defusing and resolving conflict effectively.
- Experience working in or growing accounts within public sector organisations.
- Working within a strategic sales team.
- Prioritise a positive employee experience: we invest in ensuring we maintain a positive employee experience. Where constraints or controls are necessary ensure these do not overly encumber people delivering for our clients, where policies are required ensure these are lightweight, jargon free, relevant and “just enough”.
- Align to commercial goals: we understand and align improvements to the commercial goals of the business. Ensure all prioritised activities can be related back to the commercial benefit they will deliver. Facilitate commercial growth wherever possible.
- Value close collaboration: we collaborate and work with colleagues across the business in a positive and supportive way. Help foster a culture of continuous improvement by offering both constructive and reinforcing feedback. Be part of the solution. Empower teams to deliver outcomes.
- Take a pragmatic approach: we appreciate that as a rapidly growing business we need to make uncomfortable tradeoffs. We balance risk and reward appropriately, and seek to make the right decisions to enable the business to achieve its long-term vision.
Here at Made Tech, we’re committed to building a happy and diverse workforce. Throughout your interview process, you are welcome to speak to anyone from the following diverse groups:
This is completely optional but if you are interested in finding out more about life at Made Tech, please reach out to your respective agent or Talent Partner to set up a call.
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.