Location: Hybrid - London, Bristol, Swansea, Manchester
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email email@example.com.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
Are you a Business Analyst who wants to actually see the real-world impact from what you help to create? Our mission is simple! We believe we can use technology to make public services better.
As a Made Tech Business Analyst you will be a valued person who understands user and business needs for products and services in the public sector.
- Accurately capturing business and service needs, making sure processes are mapped out clearly for the delivery team
- Using business analysis principles and tools to define requirements and processes that align with project goals
- Carrying out research and identifying risks
- Documenting detailed requirements, functional and non-functional, that can be fed back to the relevant collaborators
- Collaborating as part of a digital service delivery team to assist the team's successful project delivery
We look for the following skills and experience. But when we’re hiring for this role, if you don’t have some of the skills and experience listed below, please still apply.
- Knowledge of business analysis methods and tools
- Working directly with clients, organisations and users using agile processes (Lean UX, Scrum, XP, and/or Kanban)
- Able to investigate operational needs and problems
- Able to identify service and process improvement opportunities
- Requirements definition
- Engaging with users and collaborators
- Working within multidisciplinary teams with product, design, and technology working within the same cycles
- Understanding of enterprise and business architecture
- Working with Government Digital Service
Experience in the following things isn’t essential, but it’s highly desirable!
- Writing blog posts and giving talks
- User research planning and execution
- Business process testing planning and execution
- Showcasing and presentation skills
- Product and service documentation
What you'll get from the role
You’ll work on a variety of enterprise-level, highly complex programmes with ever evolving challenges, while getting to work with public sector organisations.
Made Tech will provide you the opportunity to use the most exciting new technologies and to work in an environment where we are always striving to stay on the cutting-edge of market trends and processes.
You'll have the chance to develop and adapt our agile processes, learning and contributing to both internal and external teams on best practice. There may be opportunities to progress within the company. For example, the role could develop in a delivery-focused direction, you could transition towards agile coaching, or get a promotion to Senior Business Analyst.
Take a look at the Benefits & Perks section of the Made Tech Handbook to see what we can offer you.