Salary: £60,000 - £70,000
Location: Bristol, London, Manchester or Swansea with hybrid-working policy
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email email@example.com.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
About Made Tech
Our aim at Made Tech is to use human-centred technology to improve our society. We believe putting people at the heart of designing, building and delivering public services leads to better outcomes for everyone.
The content that we publish is designed to bring this vision to life. From showing how our amazing people build technology, to helping our clients understand how the latest technology can improve the services they offer across society.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Content Lead to join our team to define and lead on our content strategy. The role presents lots of opportunities to shape and change our content and content marketing.
The role reports into the Head of Marketing and has one direct report, a Senior Content Writer.
You’ll be responsible for the overall strategic direction of our content, ensuring that it supports our business priorities. A big part of this will be ensuring it is aligned to the people involved in buying our services, and their complex buying journeys.
Working closely with the rest of the Marketing team, you’ll ensure our content supports wider campaign activity, such as Events.
What does the job entail?
- Devising and executing our content strategy
- Content development to create engaging short, medium and long-form content assets
- Content marketing to ensure that we use all appropriate and latest channels to help create engagement, leads and opportunities, and to support bids and sales conversations
- Identifying audiences for content and anticipating the questions, problems, and needs that the content should address
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums
- Managing our in-house PR function
- Using SEO principles to maximise the copy’s reach
- Updating website content as needed
- Writing with a distinct voice and defining the brand voice guidelines
- Ensuring all-around consistency (style, fonts, images and tone)
- Leading and mentoring a team member
What we need from you:
- Proven work experience as a B2B Content Lead
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Experience working in the Tech sector
- Ability to break down complex technical subjects and present them in an approachable way for different audiences
- Preferable to have experience creating content for C-Suite and mid-level technology and digital roles
- Knowledge of online content strategy and creation techniques and best practices
- Expert familiarity with content marketing principles and a good understanding of the digital marketing intersections with content, for instance, SEO, paid media, etc.
- Experience in working with buyer personas and content journey planning
- Strong research skills
- Proven experience putting together and delivering a content plan
- Experience working with many different stakeholders and comfortable ‘stress testing’ opinions
- Hands-on experience with Content Management Systems (e.g. WordPress) and marketing automation tools is an advantage
Our application process
After submitting your application, the next step is a 25-30 minute call with a member of our Talent team to chat about the role.
- First-round interview with our Head of Marketing to discuss your experience and how it relates to the role.
- The second round will be a short task and presentation, with members of the marketing team.
Life at Made Tech
We’re committed to building a happy, inclusive and diverse workforce. You can get a sense of what it’s like working here from our blog, where we talk about mental health, communities of practice, neurodiversity as well as our client work and best practice.
Like many organisations, we use Slack to chat to each other. The Slack groups that have formed give an idea of the diversity within Made Tech. If you’d like to speak to someone from one of these groups about their experience as an employee, let your recruitment agent or Made Tech Talent Partner know.
The groups are:
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
30 days Holiday - we offer 30 days of paid annual leave
Flexible Working Hours - we are flexible with what hours you work
Flexible Parental Leave - we offer flexible parental leave options
Remote Working - we offer part time remote working for all our staff
Paid counselling - we offer paid counselling as well as financial and legal advice