Remote and Client Site as required
Salary £72,250 - £114, 250
Made Tech wants to positively impact the country's future by using technology to improve society. We believe being design-led can create positive outcomes in the public sector through critical services enabled by technology. We are building a community of business analysts to support the public sector growing demand for a user-centred, evidenced based approach to service delivery.
As a Principal Business Analyst, reporting to the Head of Design, you’ll enable public sector organisations to better design services that improve society. You will do this by building and managing strategic relationships, leading accounts, finding new opportunities and advising as a business analyst leader, both with clients and to the rapidly growing business analyst community at Made Tech.Your role at Made Tech
- Leading the Business Analysis Community through implementing and advising on best practice, and directing a strategic approach to all elements of Business Analysis
- Helping integrate business analysts with the wider practice of user-centred roles at Made Tech: design, user research and product management
- Alongside other senior leaders, write bids that win work
- As part of an account team, alongside Technology, Delivery, Client Leads, help shape account plans and deliver against them.
- Collaborate with Made Tech’s leadership to ensure work aligns with our growth goals; you will play a pivotal role in identifying new opportunities
- Hire and line manage the Lead Business Analysts
- Apply the agile mindset to all aspects of your role, and help your team decide the best approaches to take
- Take the lead in improving the delivery team's ability to meet deadlines and adhere to the roadmap by adding clarity as well as playing a part in more structured processes such as workshops, sprint planning, daily scrums, show and tells, retros etc.
- Working with senior stakeholders to be more evidence based in their decisions about how services are designed and delivered
- Making solutions real for users and organisations, delivering tangible value little and often
- Influencing senior stakeholders to tackle the right problems for users and organisational goals
- Growing and coaching a team of business analysts
- Experienced working with public sector organisations
- Working at a programme level within organisations, that supports multiple delivery teams
- Innovating in yours and your team’s work
- Able to investigate business priorities, operational needs and problems
- Deep knowledge of business analysis tools and methodologies and how these related to other disciplines, such as software engineering and service design
- Analysis of large amounts of complex information to produce recommendations for service improvements
- Working in agile and lean practices
- Clearly communicating the value of business analysis within an organisation
- Understanding of enterprise and business architecture
Don’t forget to mention any of the experience listed below. While it’s optional, it’s all highly desired!
- Experience working in a consultancy
- Writing blog posts and giving talks
- User research planning and execution
- Business process testing planning and execution
- Requirements definition
- Product and Service documentation
- People management
- Engaging with users and stakeholders
You will support and help lead the User-Centred practice for the company, joining the leadership team of other Principals. The practice is rapidly scaling to meet increased client demand, giving you exposure to a huge variety of enterprise-level, highly complex programmes with ever evolving challenges, whilst getting to work with a wealth of market-leading companies.
As a technologically driven company that espouses best practice and aims to become a Thought Leader within the world of software delivery, Made Tech will provide you the opportunity to use the most exciting new technologies and to work in an environment where we are always striving to stay on the cutting-edge of market trends and processes.
You'll have the chance to develop and adapt our agile processes, learning and contributing to both internal and external teams on best practice. Finally, as we continue to grow rapidly there are a wealth of directions that a driven individual can progress to within the company, depending on their personal interests. The role could develop in a delivery focused direction, or transition towards agile coaching (either internally or externally), or evolve into a more senior position – we're happy to support you to take charge of your future and follow your passions!Our Benefits
Balancing life and work:
- ✈️ Flexible Holiday – We trust you to take as much holiday as you need
- 🕰️ Flexible Working Hours – We are flexible with what hours you work
- 🗓️ Flexible Working Days – We are flexible to the amount of days you work in a week
- 👶 Flexible Parental Leave – We provide flexible parental leave options
- 👩💻 Remote Working – We offer part-time remote working for all our staff
- 🤗 Paid counselling – We offer paid counselling as well as financial and legal advice
- 🏖️ Paid anniversary break – We celebrate your 3 and 5 year anniversary with us by buying your family a holiday