Salary: £30,000 - £40,000
Duration: 9 month fixed-term contract with the potential to extend or become permanent role
Ideal start: Late January or sooner
Location: Bristol, London, Manchester or Swansea with hybrid-working policy
Support in applying
If you need this job description in another format, or other support in applying, please email email@example.com.
We believe we can use tech to make public services better. We also believe this can happen best when our own team represents the society that actually uses the services we work on. We’re collectively continuing to grow a culture that is happy, healthy, safe and inspiring for people of all backgrounds and experiences, so we encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply for roles with us.
When you apply, we’ll put you in touch with a talent partner who can help with any needs or adjustments we may need to make to help with your application. This includes alternative formats for documents, the time allotted for interviews and any other needs. We also welcome any feedback on how we can improve the experience for future candidates.
About Made Tech
Made Tech is on a mission to use technology to improve society - for everyone. We help public sector organisations transform, deliver and manage world-class digital products and cloud services. We work with the UK government to modernise legacy technology and shape the digital future of the country. We support local government teams in building accessible services that make a real difference to people. And we help the NHS use technology to improve and save lives.
About the role
As a Scheduling Manager in our Operations team, you’ll play a pivotal role in orchestrating the formation of hybrid teams across various a range of clients. You'll partner with our Account Teams and Capability practices in triaging and shaping teams that align to our client outcomes, and understand the wide scope of talent and skills within our organisation.
What you'll do
- Partner with stakeholders throughout the company to understand their needs and upcoming client demands, owning the Scheduling process to fulfil these requirements.
- Facilitate conversations (triage) among relevant stakeholders to solutionise teams based on our capacity (people with relevant skills and experience).
- Maintain data quality across our scheduling ecosystem - keeping assignment data and availability data accurate; to drive business reporting and decision making.
- Support Delivery Managers in client project setup, ensuring correct allocation of team members, rates, and budgets in our Scheduling management software.
- Work alongside another experienced Scheduling Manager, while maintaining your own cohort of accounts.
- Assist in the accurate weekly completion of team timesheets and account reporting.
- Manage and report on utilisation and availability across our Practices.
- Coordinate with the Capability practices and recruitment where needed to support recruitment or identify risks or opportunities based on your Scheduling expertise.
- Co-facilitate daily scheduling meetings to assess existing and incoming demand to be prioritised.
- Provide regular management reports on any scheduling insights to guide business investment decisions.
What we're looking
- Experience in Professional Services Workforce Management, Resourcing, or Scheduling
- Proficient in working with various levels of stakeholders and a confident communicator.
- Skilled in working with a range of technical platforms such as CRM or Scheduling software.
- Proactive and resilient to changing and competing priorities.
- Driven to deliver impactful outcomes as an enabling services team.
- Empathetic with strong people skills and commercial awareness.
- Salesforce and/or Kantana/Kimble Resourcing Software
- 2-3 years experience in professional services resource management
- Experience with multidisciplinary digital and technology teams.
- Public sector experience
- Reporting and analysis in workforce management.
Life at Made Tech
We’re committed to building a happy, inclusive and diverse workforce. You can get a sense of what it’s like working here from our blog, where we talk about mental health, communities of practice, neurodiversity as well as our client work and best practice.
Like many organisations, we use Slack to chat to each other. The Slack groups that have formed give an idea of the diversity within Made Tech. If you’d like to speak to someone from one of these groups about their experience as an employee, please let our Talent Team know.
The groups are:
We are always listening to our growing teams and evolving the benefits available to our people. As we scale, as do our benefits and we are scaling quickly. We've recently introduced a flexible benefit platform which includes a Smart Tech scheme, Cycle to work scheme, and an individual benefits allowance which you can invest in a Health care cash plan or Pension plan. We’re also big on connection and have an optional social and wellbeing calendar of events for all employees to join should they choose to.
Here are some of our most popular benefits listed below:
30 days Holiday - we offer 30 days of paid annual leave
Flexible Working Hours - we are flexible with what hours you work
Flexible Parental Leave - we offer flexible parental leave options
Remote Working - we offer part time remote working for all our staff
Paid counselling - we offer paid counselling as well as financial and legal advice